Skip to content Skip to navigation
School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts

Transfer Student Resources

This page is dedicated to provide resources to SSHA Transfer Students. While this page is not exhaustive, it outlines various resources our Transfer students have used in the past. Click below to learn more!

  • Transfer Transition Meeting and 2 Year-Graduation Plans
  • Requesting a Prerequisite Override
  • Using ASSIST.ORG
  • Transfer, Returning, and Veteran Program (TRV)
  • Course Approval Forms
  • MyDegreePath
  • Center for Career and Professional Advancement

Transfer Transtition Advising Meeting

Click here to learn more!

Requesting a Prerequisite Override

If you are interested in taking a course but have not completed the prerequisite(s), you will need permission from the instructor to enroll in the course. Email the instructor of the course and request permission to enroll without the prerequisite; if the instructor allows you into the course forward their approval email to your academic advisor or, and include your full name, student ID, current delcared major, course name and number (ex. ECON 100) and term.

If the instructor is not listed for the course you will need to wait until the beginning of the semester and get written permission from the instructor by having them fill out a Requisite Override Enrollment Form. You can find the electronic version of the form using this link

Using - ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California.

The Transfer, Returning, and Veterans Program (TRV)

TRV.ucmerced TRV - The Transfer, Returning, and Veterans program is a supportive community designed for returning and transfer students. We understand and value the unique experiences and perspectives non-traditional students bring to our vibrant campus community. The TRV mission is to celebrate the diversity of our students and to assist in the discovery of services available to UC Merced students. We accomplish our mission by offering career development services, tutoring and workshops according to student needs.

Course Approval Form

Intended for students who plan to complete or have completed coursework at an institution other than UC Merced and need to have that coursework reviewed for applicability to their major, minor, or general education.

  • SSHA - For courses offered in the School of Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts
  • School of Natural Sciences - For courses offered in the School of Natural Sciences (BIO, CHEM, ESS, MATH, PHYS)
  • School of Engineering - For courses offered in the School of Engineering (ENGR, BIOE, CSE, ENVE, ME, and MSE)

MyDegreePath - Running Degree Audits

MyDegree Path - A degree audit analyzes degree requirements for a major, concentration, and minor according to the catalog year when you entered UC Merced. The audit gives a complete picture regarding what degree requirements have been met, are in progress and are remaining. It is a quick tool that can be used to check your progress in your degree program.

Center for Career and Professional Advancement (CCPA)

Center for Career and Professional Advancement - Career development is a life-long process of exploration and decision-making. We, at the Center for Career & Professional Advancement (CCPA) at the University of California, Merced empower students and alumni to reach their full potential by offering services in career development, experiential education, employment and graduate school.  To successfully accomplish this mission, the CCPA continuously fosters partnerships with employers, staff, administration and the greater community.