Skip to content
Skip to navigation
- Follow through with actions identified during advising visit and accept final responsibility for all decisions.
- Alert the advisor to any life changes, extenuating circumstances, etc. that may affect academic needs, class attendance or ability to focus on your education.
- Prepare for academic advising appointments by clarifying personal goals and needs.
- Keep advisor informed about changes in academic progress, course selection and academic or career goals.
- Become familiar with major requirements, course prerequisites and other such information that affect course scheduling and class sequencing.
- Participate fully in courses by carefully reviewing course syllabi, completing assignments and attending class.
- Follow university procedures for registration and adjustments to class schedules.
- Observe all academic deadlines.
- Read and understand all UC Merced Academic Policies and Procedures found in the university catalog pertaining to the year in which you matriculated to UC Merced.