These requirements below apply to students with a catalog year 2011-2012 through 2017-18.
- Because the GE reuqirements inlcuded in previous catalogs informed transfer student preparation to enture UC Merced, transfer students who enter UC Mercd in the academic years 2018-19 or 2019-20 will be held to the GE requirements included in the 2017-18 Catalog.
- Students with a catalog year of 2018-2019 or later may find their GE requirements on their Audit and their catalog.
- Students with a catalog year of 2010-2011 or earlier should consult their Audit or their academic advisor for their appropriate GE requirements.
Natural Sciences & Engineering Courses
- MATH 011: Calculus I
- MATH 021: Calculus I for Physical Sciences & Engineering
- ECON 010: Analysis of Economic Data
- GEOG 010: Introduction to Spatial Analysis
- PHIL 005: Logic and Critical Reasoning
- POLI 010: Understanding Political Controversies
- PSY 010: Analysis of Psychological Data
- SOC 010: Statistics for Sociology
**Transfer Students: Please see an academic advisor to confirm that you have completed IGETC, UC Reciprocity, or TAG to fulfill these required areas.