Identify resources available to help you track and sustain academic progress;
Outline your remaining semesters;
Determine how to organize and approach your academic plan utilizing your Audit and MyDegreePath
Seeing an Advisor or Peer Mentor to "Jump-Start your Third Year"
In most cases, meetings will take no longer than 15 minutes of your time. Advisors and Peer Mentors will be available for this important meeting during regular SSHA Advising Walk-in hours.
Check in at COB 204 with the following materials:
- A downloaded/printed copy of your current Audit, or a What-If Audit for your intended major, printed within 24-hours (Resources: how to run an audit/what-if audit through MyDegreePath) Undeclared SSHA majors should bring a "What-If Audit" for their intended major within SSHA.
- A completed Graduation Plan using MyDegreePath
- Using Plan Builder through MyDegreePath, complete a graduation plan which includes all of your remaining graduation requirements (Click here to watch a video tutorial on how to create a Graduation Plan).
- You are expected to complete your graduation plan before meeting with an advisor or peer mentor
- Undeclared SSHA Students should complete a MyDegreePath/Graduation Plan for their intended major within SSHA.
NOTE: Students wishing to complete this meeting without the above materials will not be seen, and will be asked to come back at a later time with the required documents. Additionally, any graduation plan not completed via MyDegreePath will not satisfy this requirement.
Here are some resources to help you create your personalized Graduation Plan:
Students who plan to complete their degree in their current (or proposed) SSHA major:
- Four Year Major Plans - These documents will give you a suggested 4-year plan for each SSHA major. Choose your catalog year: 2018
- Minors- You can find more information about SSHA minors here and School of Natural Sciences minors here. When creating a MyDegreePath plan, you may add a minor to your plan.
- Audit - This document must be printed and you must bring it with you to your meeting. It will let you know all the requirements necessary to complete your major (and whether or not you've completed them).
- Graduation Plan Assistance - Our SSHA Peer Mentors are available to answer any questions you may have in creating your graduation glan using MyDegreePath. Stop by at COB 204 and request to see a Peer Mentor; make sure to bring a printed copy of your current Audit (or "What-If Audit") and a copy of MyDegreePath/Graduation Planning document with you. SSHA Peer Mentors will only be able to answer questions you may have in using MyDegreePath and completing your Graduation Plan. You may find SSHA Peer Mentor office hours here.
- Attend a "MyDegreePath" workshop with our SSHA Peer Mentors. All workshops will be held in a computer lab to help you navigate the graduation plans with ease. Click the following hyperlink here to view the flyer of upcoming workshops or see the flyer below.
Students who plan to complete their degree outside of SSHA:
If you plan to change your major to a School outside of SSHA after this term, you will still need to attend this meeting with a SSHA Advisor. You should bring a MyDegreePath plan with you for the intended major. To find out more information about how to build a personalized graduation plan for the intended major outside SSHA, see below:
- School of Natural Sciences - Here you will find a full listing of what is required for any Natural Sciences major. You can also receive assistance with creating a Graduation Plan from their Academic Advising Mentors!
- School of Engineering - Here you will find a full listing of what is required for any Engineering major.
- MyDegreePath Plan Builder - You should create plan for your intended major using your catalog year (2016) to see what requirements you have already completed toward your new major, and which requirements you still have remaining.
- MyDegreePath - Check out the registrar's website for information on accessing your audit and MyDegreePath.
- Printing on Campus - Can't print from home? Check out this resource page for printing on campus, as well as a listing of the IT Labs with computer/printing access.
Sample 4 Year Major Specific Graduation Plans
Below are links to our SSHA major pages; which include suggested 4-year plans for each of our majors. The plans below are generic, and your specific plan for graduation may differ from what is indicated.
Global Arts Studies Program 2018-2019 (Option 1)
Global Arts Studies Program 2018-2019 (Option 2)
Spanish 2018-2019 (starting with SPAN 050)
Spanish 2018-2019 (starting with SPAN 010)