The purpose of this REQUIRED meeting is to provide the entering first-year class of Fall 2022 with an opportunity to discuss progress to degree and development of educational goals.
Completing Jump Start wil allow YOU to:
- Identify resources available to help you track and sustain academic progress;
- Outline your remaining semesters;
- Determine how to organize and approach your academic plan utilizing your audit and MyDegreePath
- Review your current audit through MyDegreePath (or What-If Audit for your intended major)
- Prepare a graduation plan using MyDegreePath:
- Using MyDegreePath, complete your graduation plan, which includes all of your remaining graduation requirements (you can find resources for how to creat a graduation plan here
- When working on your graduation plan, you should not plan a semester for Fall 2022 since you are already enrolled in coursework. You are only planning for future terms.
- You are expected to have a completed graduation plan before your meeting
- During your meeting, Peer Navigators and Academic Advisors will work with you to make any minor adjustments needed to your plan
3. Must complete Jump Start Your Third Year Pre-Meeting survey, which can be completed by clicking here.
NOTE: Students wishing to complete this meeting without the above materials will not be seen, and will be asked to comeback at a later time with the required documents.
- To learn how to use the Plan Builder tool on MyDegreePath, please click HERE
- Four Year Major Plans - These documents will give you a suggested 4-year plan for each SSHA major. Choose your catalog year: 2022
- If you would like to add a minor into your course planning for the graduation plan, you can find more information regarding minors for SSHA here and minors for the School of Natural Sciences here
Still need assistance with creating your graduation plan? Join our Peer Navigators for a Jump Start workshop! The dates and times for our workshops will be listed soon on our EVENTS page.
You are highly encouraged to meet with a Peer Navigator or Academic Advisor to complete your Jump Start meeting. You can find Peer Navigator's availability by clicking HERE.
Students who plan to complete their degree outside of SSHA:
If you plan to change your major to a School outside of SSHA after this term, you will still need to attend this meeting with an Academic Advisor from either the School of Engineering or the School of Natural Sciences depending on your major of interest.
Jump Start advising sessions will be available starting September 19th, 2023. The final deadline to complete your mandatory meeting will be October 28th, 2023.
Failure to complete the meeting prior to the deadline will result in a hold on your registration.