Students in the School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts are required to complete the following general education courses:
- Students must complete a minimum of four units in each area below, which may include two 2-unit courses. Please see your advisor for information on application of transfer coursework.
- Transfer Students: These requirements below do not apply to Transfer students. Please consult with your advisor for appropriate GE requirements.
- Please see an academic advisor to confirm that you have completed IGETC, UC Reciprocity, or TAG to fulfill these required areas
- These requirements below apply to students with a catalog year 2011-2012 through 2017-2018. Students with a catalog year of 2010-2011 or earlier should consult Audit or their advisor for their appropriate GE requirements.
- Students with a catalog year of 2018-2019 or later may find their GE requirements on their Audit or their catalog.
Lower Division General Education Requirements
- CORE 1: The World at Home
- WRI 10: College Reading and Composition
- Two Natural Science / Engineering Introductory Courses with or without Laboratory, Field or Studio *
- Mathematical / Quantitative Reasoning Course
- Humanities, Arts or Foreign Language Course *
- Social Science Course *
Upper Division General Education Requirements
* These courses must be outside of the student's major discipline.
# Students must complete a minimum of 16 units in this area. Please see your advisor for information on application of transfer coursework.