You are hereHome › For Students
- Follow through with actions identified during advising visit and accept final responsibility for all decisions.
- Alert the advisor to any life changes, extenuating circumstances, etc. that may affect academic needs, class attendance or ability to focus on your education.
- Prepare for academic advising appointments by clarifying personal goals and needs.
- Keep advisor informed about changes in academic progress, course selection and academic or career goals.
- Become familiar with major requirements, course prerequisites and other such information that affect course scheduling and class sequencing.
- Participate fully in courses by carefully reviewing course syllabi, completing assignments and attending class.
- Follow university procedures for registration and adjustments to class schedules.
- Observe all academic deadlines.
- Read and understand all UC Merced Academic Policies and Procedures found in the university catalog pertaining to the year in which you matriculated to UC Merced.
- About Us
- Policies and Guidelines
- For Students
- SSHA Majors
- SSHA Minors
- SSHA General Education
- First Year Advising (FYA) Meeting
- Study Abroad
- Foreign Language Placement Guidelines
- SSHA Peer Mentors
- Jump-Start Your Third Year
- SSHA Update
- New Majors